Flood Watch Until Mon 8 pm EDT
Greenville-Spartanburg – SC, US, National Weather Service
Portions of northeast Georgia, western North Carolina and upstate South Carolina, including the following areas, in northeast Georgia, Franklin, Habersham, Hart, Rabun and Stephens. In western North Carolina, Macon and Southern Jackson. In upstate South Carolina, Greater Oconee and Oconee Mountains
FLOOD WATCH NOW IN EFFECT THROUGH MONDAY EVENING…
- WHAT…Flash flooding caused by excessive rainfall continues to be possible.
- WHERE…Portions of Northeast Georgia, Western North Carolina and Upstate South Carolina, including the following areas, in Northeast Georgia, Franklin, Habersham, Hart, Rabun and Stephens. In Western North Carolina, Macon and Southern Jackson. In Upstate South Carolina, Greater Oconee and Oconee Mountains.
- WHEN…Through Monday evening.
- IMPACTS…Excessive runoff may result in flooding of rivers, creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations. Creeks and streams may rise out of their banks. Low-water crossings may be flooded.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS… – Much of the watch area received 3 to 6 inches of rain on Saturday morning, and additional heavy rain is possible through the day Monday. Even modest amounts of additional rainfall will likely cause flooding.