Greenville Man pleads Guilty in Access Device Fraud Conspiracy

Acting United States Attorney Beth Drake announces that 23-year-old Dalvin Michael Davenport, Jr. of Greenville pled guilty Thursday in federal court in Anderson, to conspiracy to commit access device fraud and money laundering. United States District Judge Timothy M. Cain, of Anderson accepted the plea and will impose sentence after he has reviewed the presentence report which will be prepared by the U.S. Probation Office. Evidence presented at the change of plea hearing established that Davenport, along with other members of the conspiracy, recruited cashiers at various businesses to credit funds onto Green Dot, Visa and other prepaid cards without receiving payment. Immediately after obtaining the prepaid cards, members of the conspiracy activated and depleted the cards of the fraudulently loaded funds. In total, the conspiracy resulted in a loss of over $264,000, to several businesses in South Carolina and Georgia. Other members of the conspiracy who previously entered guilty pleas and have been sentenced include 26-year-old Vincenzo Mikkel Byers of Greenville sentenced to 36 months imprisonment; 24-year-old Cierra Andreous James of Greenville sentenced to 30 months imprisonment; 26-year-old Brandon Christopher Davis of Simpsonville sentenced to 30 months imprisonment; 24-year-old Tony Christopher Robinson of Fountain Inn sentenced to 18 months imprisonment; 23-year-old Davario Rashad Clinkscale of Greenville sentenced to 30 months imprisonment; 26-year-old Eric Ross Wilson of Greenville sentenced to 30 months imprisonment; 27-year-old Terrance Justin Davis of Mauldin sentenced to 21 months imprisonment; 25-year-old Quentin Nathaniel McClinton of Greenville sentenced to time served; and, 21-year-old Adam Isaiah Posley of Greenville sentenced to 3 years’ probation. The case was investigated by agents of the FBI Upstate Gang Task Force and the U. S. Treasury Department, IRS Criminal Investigation Division. Assistant United States Attorney Jeanne Howard of the Greenville office handled the case.