School District of Oconee County Announces Dates for Screenings for 4K (Pre-K) for 2019-2020 School Year
The School District of Oconee County has announced that 4k (Pre-K) screenings have been scheduled for the 2019-2020 school year. If a child will be 4 years old on or before September 1st, 2019, then they may be eligible.
Screening dates have been scheduled for Friday, February 15th, Tuesday, February 19th, Wednesday, February 20th, Friday, April 26th and Saturday, April 27th. The location of the screenings will be Oconee Academy, which is located at 177 Razorback Lane in Walhalla.
If you plan to go by for a screening appointment, you will need to bring your child, along with the following items:
- The child’s state issued long form birth certificate
- The child’s Social Security card
- The child’s Immunization Form or Religious Exemption Certificate
- The parent(s) or guardian(s) Driver’s License or ID card
- The child’s Medicaid card or Proof of Income for both parents or guardians (which includes step-parents if they assume responsibility. The preferred proof of income is the 2017 W2 form (pay stubs may be used)
- Some type of Proof of Residency (a utility bill with the parent(s) or guardian(s) name and home address or a lease/rental agreement)
- Legal documentation as it pertains to the child (such as custody, court, safety plans, etc.) if applicable
Due to the limited number of 4k (Pre-K), programs, screenings do not guarantee placement but a child must be screened to be considered for the programs. Children who meet eligibility requirements can attend the programs for free, however, if openings are available after all eligible children have been placed, there may be an option for fee-based students to attend 4K.
To schedule a screen appointment, call 864-886-4503 or 864-886-4469.