Winter Storm Warning Issued by the NWS for the Upstate
Winter Storm Warning In Effect From 6Pm Saturday To 8Am Est Monday
Winter Storm Warning Issued January 14 At 3:47pm Est Until January 17 At 8:00am Est By Nws Greenville-Spartanburg
…Winter Storm Warning In Effect From 6 Pm Saturday To 8 Am Est Monday..
* What…Heavy Mixed Precipitation Expected. Total Snow Accumulations Of 6 To 10 Inches Are Expected Across The Mountain Valleys And Extreme Northeast Georgia, With 8 To 12 Inches Along And Near The Blue Ridge Escarpment, And 12 To 20 Inches At Elevations Above 4000 Feet. Ice Accumulations Of Up To One Tenth Of An Inch Are Also Possible. Winds Gusting As High As 35 Mph.
* Where…The Mountains Of The Carolinas And Northeast Georgia.
* When…From 6 Pm Saturday To 8 Am Est Monday.
* Impacts…Travel Could Be Very Difficult To Impossible. The Hazardous Conditions Could Impact The Morning Commute.
* Additional Details…Precipitation May Begin As Early As Saturday Afternoon Across Parts Of The Mountains, Eventually Falling As Mostly Snow And Increasing In Coverage And Intensity Late Saturday Night. The Precipitation May Briefly Change To Sleet And Freezing Rain Before Tapering Off Sunday Afternoon And Evening In Most Areas, Although Snow Showers Are Expected To Linger Along The Tennessee Border Into Monday Morning.
Widespread Black Ice Should Be Expected Monday Morning, And May Be A Concern Into The Middle Of The Week.